Tuesday, September 29

Monthly Mix #1: Rêves D'été

After a hiatus of about six months, mmm, fresh is back!
Coming atcha is a summer 2009 inspired mix straight from the iTunes playlist, yo.
Click the title to download the .zip file. Free as always!

Rêves D'été
01. Datarock - Computer Camp Love
An extremely cute play on melody & lyrics from Grease.
02. St. Vincent - The Strangers
Oh, St. Vincent. You do no wrong.
03. Atmosphere - The Jackpot and Swept Away
This follows Atmosphere's usual bitter tone with clever lyrics and a super catchy beat.
04. Art Brut - Summer Job
A good majority of my summer was spent scooping ice cream for beach-side tourists.
"If you want me sober and straight, I'm afraid I'm gonna be a little bit late."
05. of Montreal - Beware Our Nubile Miscreants
Some genius from their most recent album Skeletal Lamping
06. Cake - Opera Singer
Great song. Future goal.
07. Beirut - Postcards from Italy
Mmm, the Italian Alps were lovely.
08. The Presets - Girl and the Sea
They give a killer show.
09. Smashing Pumpkins - The Beginning is the End is the Beginning
Makes me wanna smash something, if you know what I mean (;
10. Cold War Kids - Hang Me Up to Dry
High five for summer break-ups.
11. Bright Eyes - From a Balance Beam
Yeah, yeah. I know. But it's a pretty choice chanson.
12. Ben Kweller - Different But the Same
Inspiring lyrics for those dreary, lonely nights.
13. Broken Social Scene - Looks Just Like the Sun
Dreamy, dazy, delicious.
14. Atmosphere - Sunshine
Storyline of a day that started out with a massive hangover and morphed into a fun, sunny bike ride.
15. of Montreal - The Repudiated Immortals
Intoxicating and not nearly as long as I'd like it to be.
16. TV On the Radio - Poppy
Lovely, romantic nights in Paris without expectations.
17. Phoenix - Long Distance Call (25 Hours A Day Mix)
An extremely adorable mix of an already adorable song.
18. The Strokes - The End Has No End
I like to end mixes with this one. Nice summery feel.

So there you have the track list.
Interested?

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried right clicking then saving the file as...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can definitely do every line to computer camp love. Me and David used to sing that song alll the time. I was so jaded by it's awesomeness that I couldn't even appreciate the rest of the album, up untill like last year or something.

    ReplyDelete